"The Value of Exchanges"
was a research project that spanned over 1 year (february 2006 to february 2007).
The organisations involved have been partners in exchanges since 1999 and have arranged exchanges involving over 600 young people and leaders. From these, EVS exchanges and training courses have developed involving close to an additional 250 persons. We wished to research how these people, youth and leaders, were affected by taking part in an international exchange and what influence this experience has had on their lives. The research culminated in information material directed towards young people and youth leaders (book and website).
The book is downloadable from this website, along with videos produced during exchanges and training courses that we have arranged
Our main aims in this project were to:
- Document the values of non formal education and experiences
- Promote the possibilities for young people and their associated organisations towards bureaucrats and politicians in the partner countries (and other countries)
- Create tools that may be used in marketing this as an option for youth workers and a possibility for young people all over Europe (a book, videos and website)
- Assist other organisations in creating high quality exchange projects through presenting our results to them
- Use former participants as much as possible in all aspects of the project (lead workshops, activities, summarise documentation, create documentation, develop the material (book, videos and website))
- Encourage the participants from our many projects to continue staying in touch with each other, and to recognise ‘ how far they have travelled’ in respect to their personal development.
We believe that we have achieved all of the above. Please feel welcome to download a copy of the book in pdf format or any of the videos produced by the young participants and use this material to promote exchanges in your organisation or local commnity.
The website connected to this project will be further developed and all documentation connected to the research will be made available.